TO: PMA Parents and Guardians
From: Sister Maria Rosa, pm
Date: Monday, January 26, 2015
RE: Important Information
Happy Catholic Schools Week to all of you! Please read the following points of information as they are time sensitive and for the most part will impact your plans this week.
- SCHOOL CLOSINGS: Please check the school list closings on the WMUR website for updated school cancelations.
- SKI CLUB: Ski club has been cancelled today, Monday, January 26, 2015.
- NO SCHOOL TOMORROW: With the impending weather forecast, PMA will be closed on Tuesday, January 27, 2015. This will give parents time to plan for day-care needs.
- The Student/Teacher Appreciation Breakfast scheduled for Tuesday is rescheduled for Thursday, January 29, 2015.
- The Mass scheduled for tomorrow will be rescheduled in February, date and time to be announced.
- SPELLING BEE: In the event that we do not have school on Wednesday, the Spelling Bee will take place on Thursday, January 29 at 12:30 Pm in the Alumni Hall.
- BOOTS, BOOTS, BOOTS: Several parents have raised concerns about the children not being able to wear boots on Dress Down Days: I am not sure how much clearer I could have been in the January/February Newsletter, in bold and underline, I specifically stated NO BOOTS ALLOWED under the dress down section of the newsletter. It has always been the policy at PMA (for decades) that students are not allowed to wear boots of any kind on any day in the school building. It is a major safety issue. While Uggs and the other types of boots may be fashionable, comfy, and very cute, they are not safe. In the event of an emergency evacuation, children on the third floor need to exist the building swiftly and safely. Cowboy Boots, Uggs, Combat Boots, 5 inch heal boots are anything but safe and swift. Additionally, we have our beautiful hardwood floors that we want to maintain without spending thousands of dollars every year into refinishing them.
- FACEBOOK: While social media is a wonderful tool for communication it can also be a very “incomplete” way of getting important information communicated accurately. It leaves a lot of room for the transmission of “feelings” rather than “facts”. Parents, if and when you have a passionate concern about any issue that you need answers for, please, please contact me directly. One phone call can avoid numerous speculations, judgments, and opinions that do not always put PMA and/or its staff in a good light.
- PMA FACEBOOK: Please use the PMA Parent Group Facebook to promote the school not demote it.
Thank you for your continued support, and PLEASE do not hesitate to ever contact me when and if you have an issue.