This is a reminder that the 3rd and 4th grades will be learning the recorder with Mrs. Gonzalez this year. If you have not already done so please send in your $6.00 payment. If your student owns a recorder already, please notify the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Parents of Windham, Pelham and Dracut Students:
I apologize for the long delay in getting information back to you concerning bus transportation for your child if you live in Windham, Pelham and Dracut. Students who live in these towns may take the ROUTE#3 BUS with the Bishop Guertin High School students in the morning only. You must register your child on line at @ www.schoolwheels.com to assure a seat for your child. There are 20 available places, and they will be issued on a first come, first serve basis.
1. The fee would be pro-rated – cost is $500 for the year / $50 per month for morning pick-up only.
2. Enrollment of services and payments can be made online @ www.schoolwheels.com
Route 3 BUS Hudson, Windham, Pelham
6:20 St. Mathew Church (2 Searles Road Windham, NH)
6:35 St. Patrick’s Church (12 Main St. Pelham, NH)
6:45 CVS (2019 Lakeview Ave, Dracut, MA 01826)
7:10 Arrive at BGHS (194 Lund Rd, Nashua, NH 03060)
7:30 Arrive at Presentation of Mary Academy (Hudson)
Sister Maria Rosa, pm
To: Seventh and Eighth Grade Parents
From: Sister Maria Rosa
Date: September 22, 2015
RE: Important Updates
Please read the following information as it contains important updates that affect you and your child.
1. Sr. Cecile has been diagnosed with a severe form of Lime’s Disease. She is presently at the Sisters’ rehab center in Methuen recovering from the affects the disease has had on her body.
2. Mrs. Meagan Levesque will continue to be the substitute teacher for 7th and 8th grade science and religion (grade 8).
3. Ms. Mary McManus’s, grade 8 religion teacher, is in England. Her mother passed away on Saturday. Ms. McManus will return to PMA after the funeral scheduled for October 7. Please keep Mary and her family in your prayers.
4. Mrs. Mary Ellen Messina is the substitute teacher for the religion class in Ms. McManus’s absence.
5. Mrs. Gretchen Lordan, an 8th grade science teacher in the public school, and one of our dedicated volunteer parents and cross country coach has offered to hold a SCIENCE HELP CLASS for eight graders at PMA on Wednesday afternoons from 2:35 until 3:15 pm to help students who are struggling with science. Mrs. Lordan will be available beginning next Wednesday at 2:35 pm in the Science Lab. Please let me know ASAP if your child will be attending the after school session.
6. Grade 8 Retreat: Due to the large class size, we had to change our retreat location. The retreat will take place at the PMA High School in Methuen, MA on Thursday, November 5 (after school) through Friday, November 6. Students will be bussed to and from Methuen. Parents will be asked to pick up their child at 3:00 PM on Friday, November 6 at PMA in Hudson. More information will be going about the retreat.
Volunteer training will be held tomorrow, September 22, at 9 am or 6:30 pm in the cafeteria. Training will also be offered on September 30, at 9 am or 6:30 pm. Registration is not needed, you may simply show up. You will sign in and then have your photo taken for your badge. Please bring a photo ID and the $10.00 fee for your background check. After June Nolet has notarized the background check forms we will go over the training packet. Most of this you will be asked to read once you get home. However, we will point out a few important things.
Please be aware that these two dates are the only times this year when volunteer training will be offered. If you plan on coaching a sport or chaperoning a field trip you must attend. No accommodations will be made at a later date. If you are unsure if you have completed the three requirements (in person training, background check and online training) please email Kim Flint at email@example.com.
October lunch orders MUST be submitted into the system NO LATER than Thursday, September 24.
If you have questions regarding how to submit your order please email Kim Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering is done on a monthly basis. Each month, an email will be sent with the link and the next months due date. The online system can be found in the Parent Portal at pmaschool.org/pmaorder.
Step 1: Enter the students name, Class Code and House(for Junior High students only), and payment method. If you have more than one student please pay special attention to Class Code/House and order accuracy. Switching an order from one sibling to another is not easily done with our system.
Step 2: Using the drop down menus enter the order. Use the “Add” button to enter additional items. Review your order before clicking submit.
Step 3: Click “Submit”. This will take you to a confirmation page.
Step 4: Once again, review the order for accuracy.
Step 5: Print the order and send in with your payment. If you have printing difficulties please send in your payment clearly labeled with the students name, class code and “Main Office-lunch payment”.
If you notice an error after clicking “submit”, you may re-enter the order. However, the ENTIRE order must be re-entered. You CANNOT add to your original order. If you choose to adjust your order, please start again from Step 1. It is very important that you enter the student’s name EXACTLY the same. Otherwise, the student will have more than one order in the system. To avoid having to re-enter the order please carefully review before clicking “Submit”.
It is very important to adhere to each months due date. The final week of each month is needed to prepare the proper reports for each classroom. Late orders create a lot of confusion for everyone. Additionally, all lunch orders must be submitted through the online system. Please do not plan on sending money to purchase on a daily basis. If any unforeseen circumstances arise (such as a missing lunchbox) the school will provide lunch for that child and an IOU will be sent home.
A few reminders for this week…
Dear Seventh and Eighth Grade Parents,
I am asking for your support and prayers for Sister Cecile LeClerc, our Seventh and Eighth Grade Science Teacher. Sister Cecile is presently at Southern NH Medical Center undergoing a series of medical tests to determine the cause for her excruciating body pain. The last ten days have proven to be a real test of faith as Sister has undergone numerous tests to determine the cause of this medical condition. While the tests currently remain inconclusive, we hope and pray that she will soon return to the academy in good health.
I am happy to share with you that Mrs. Meghan Levesque, an experience certified teacher, will be the long-term substitute teacher for Sister Cecile. Mrs. Levesque will be following the lesson plans that Sister Cecile has pre-planned so that lessons are being followed according to the academic plan and scheduled timeline. I am confident that your child’s education will not be negatively impacted by this occurrence.
Please keep Sister Cecile in your prayers.
Sister Maria Rosa, pm
With fall sports starting, it is important to remember that it is necessary we follow proper parking procedures. Attached is a map of where you can park.
Parking is restricted to the parking lot behind the school, the dirt lot near the field, or the front driveway circle (there is a path to walk down to the field from there).
I appreciate your attention to this matter.